Oh Google, how do we love thee, let us count the ways!
Just when you thought there could be nothing else Google could offer to Internet Marketers, it seems that there are actually 6 different tools Google makes available for keyword research. Have you used all six of them?
1) Google Adwords Keyword Planner – the grandaddy source for Google keyword information. No, you don’t have to be spending money on Adwords, you just need to sign up using your Google account, (ie., gmail or Google Plus).
2) Do a basic search on Google. Use the searches related section at the bottom of the page.
3) Google Insights / Trends – very interesting data on searches over time, and even a predictive tool.
Entire volumes have been written about numbers four and five on this list.
4) Google Webmaster Tools. After all, the most obvious keywords to use, are the ones that area already generating traffic on your site.
5) Google Analytics – keyword research – the best keywords may be the ones for which you already rank.
6) Google Correlate – not commonly use, but it looks at patterns of keyword traffic over time, that correlate with your main keywords.
7) YouTube Keyword Tool – this tool is now offline, but you can still research YouTube keywords manually to track views, subcribers, etc. Here is an Alternative YouTube Keyword Tool
John Lombaerde is a veteran CNC Programmer and technical writer. He is also a blogger, internet marketer, a Founding Member of MarkeHive. and an aspiring digital publisher. For more information visit Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/+JohnLombaerde/about